Safety is Paramount.
DonahueFavret has built a culture of safety where everyone – from office staff to field personnel – is accountable. Projects are often met with unforeseen challenges. Maintaining a safe job site shouldn’t be one of them. Because of our commitment to safety, our company has maintained an excellent safety record, reflected in our EMR of 0.83. To date, our team has worked over 1.5 million man-hours since 2006 without a lost time injury.
A Culture of Safety
Job Safety & Hazard Analysis at the start of every project. Toolbox Talks each week. Daily safety inspections, monthly safety audits, and a partnership with a third-party safety consultant. Together with ongoing investment in training and education, these best practices have made us one of the safest general contractors in the Gulf South. It’s a responsibility we don’t take lightly.
As such, DonahueFavret has consistently earned the STEP (Safety Training and Evaluation Process) Award from Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) for the last 23 consecutive years. Our company has maintained ABC’s STEP highest distinction, the Diamond Award, since 2019.
Key Components of our Safety Culture include:
- A commitment from management to accident prevention and safe working environments
- A defined structure including a Safety Director, Safety Committee, Safety/Insurance Administrator and outside safety consultants
- An extensive safety program that is continually reviewed and updated, coupled with site-specific HSSE plans
- Safety incentives and recognition
- Ongoing training and education